Thursday 22 September 2011

Photographing Textures

 Last week I took some pictures of objects such as tree bark, drains, stone floors and even leaves. This was because they are good objects which can be used as textures. Here are the pictures I took.

This is an image of a metal drain. The texture I though was a nice one as its simple and embossed. Also the majority of it is smooth and the pattern on this texture is fairly symmetrical.
I also got an image of a tree. This was another good texture because its very rough and detailed. It is also a fairly flat texture.
This is a picture of a patch of grass. I got this image because I thought the depth of it could be a detailed texture. Its also fairly messy as the grass blades are crossed over each other.
This is a stone floor. I thought this would be a good texture as the stones are pretty much the same height off of the floor so this could give a rough but even texture.
This is an image of the inside of a hood. I thought this was another nice texture as its a cross-hatch pattern. It is symmetrical and got an even surface.











Here are some more image that I took which were also good textures.













No comments:

Post a Comment